Thursday, April 4, 2013

Frugal Powder Room Updates

 Maybe my interior updates won't save the whole world, but it makes me feel good to think that they aren't "in excess". They aren't top of the line OR extravagant.  They are simple, low cost, use what you have and an easy way to freshen up a very dull and semi-dated space.

I used minimal materials to do the updates and also there was very minimal output OR waste.  I didn't or should I say haven't reused the flower-like bulb covers and the hardware on the vanity.  If you have some cool ideas for those or you want to use them yourself let me know I'd love to hand over some brass hardware to you!  Also there were some shelves in the corners that I took down.

So here is the breakdown of what I did:
-spray painted the existing light fixture & outlet covers, faucet ...they were brass and oak
 (I know, bad for the air, especially when you do it inside your house)
-purchased new globe covers at Lowe's for about $10 each
(one unnamed child knocked a globe off the shelf at Lowes and they insisted I not pay for it, thank you customer service!)
-purchased 3 new hardware pieces for vanity approx. $6
-purchased towel holder @ local discount store $4
-mixed blue and yellow paint colors from kid's room updates: free
-purchased chocolate chip, kitchen & bath enamel, satin, low VOC valspar paint $20
(this paint allowed me to do another vanity and I still have lots left over)
-created my own artwork on a small canvas (not pictured) $2

It's not perfect but it makes me smile.










 

Live Simply, Love Fully.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment